On page seo:Seo has changed many times since 2010 and Google is continuously changing its policies to make its search users friendly. Google has made many changes to tackle spams search results. After penguin 2.0 updates, many webmasters have changed their thoughts regarding on page seo. Now days, seo is something more than keyword research and Meta tags. If you are searching for some interesting and advances search engine optimization strategies then i am going to explain some on page seo techniques which are very helpful in making content seo friendly.
|On page seo infographic by Backlinko|
1. Title:Title is the most important on page seo factor. Title describes the main idea of the post. Having a short but descriptive title will bring more visitors to your site. Try to add high ranking keyword in the start of the title as suggested by seo moz. Adding keywords in the middle or in the end is not as effective as adding them in the start.
You can also use long tail keywords in the start of the title. Write a brief title which is explaining the whole post idea. Search engines as well as Readers friendly titles are always ranked higher. More closer the keyword is to the beginning, more it has search engine weight.
2. Add <H1> tag to your title:H1 is the main heading tag. Always wrap your title in h1 tag. Usually templates are designed in such a way that they add h1 tag automatically to title but some default templates of Blogger and word press do not have this facility. In Blogger default templates, title is wrapped in h2 tag.
Check your site code and add <h1> tag to your title. Have only one h1 tag on one page so that search engines can read only one main heading.
3. Use seo friendly url:According to latest research by seo's, URL factor is now not as important as it was in the past. Google is using high end technique for analyzing the whole content. But whenever you search for something, Google bold the seo keywords in the url of the results. It means that Google still giving some importance to seo friendly urls.
Try to add your keyword in the url of your post to get extra credits. First 3 to 4 keywords of url are given most importance so add your keyword in the start.
4. Use multimedia:Images and videos are the best way of expressing your thoughts. Use related images, videos, charts, graphs and info graphics to make your content more beautiful charming. You can engage more visitors in your content.
Using multimedia will increase your average site visit time, hence making you good i search engine eyes. Images are a great source of information.
You can add alternative tags and title tag to your images so that search engines can recognize your content easily. Give a name to the image which is related to your post.
5. Use outbound links:Outbound links are signal for search engines which describes the relevancy of your content. Try to link your article to high PR blogs with same content which increases the relevancy of your content.
High authorities blogs have more influence over low authorities blogs.
If you have a 1000 word article then you should have at least 3 to 4 links directing toward other high authoritative articles. Also interlink your old posts in your new articles to make your interlinking better.
6. Use keywords in your content:Always do a keyword research before writing a post and make a list of high ranking keywords (Keywords which are getting maximum traffic). Add keywords in first 100-150 words.
Take care of keyword density. Recommended keyword density is 2-3%. Means in every 100 words repeat your keyword 2 to 3 times. Put the keyword in the start, it emphasizes that your content is about that keyword.
Adding <B> or <I> tags to your keywords can add more values to it.
7. Make your website fast:Website loading time is given significant importance and many bloggers are considering it an important seo factor. Just assume that your site opens in the blink of an eye, how it will impact you? Same is the case with search engines and readers. According to a research made by Munch web, only 75% of your visitors will revisit your site if your site's loading time is less than 4 sec.
Be careful when you are choosing your hosting plan. Compress your images and use content management systems to load your website fast.
8. Make "The best ..., Top 10 ..." Posts:Try to add modifiers to your post title and content. As a usual practice, modifiers are better to rank your post for long tail seo keywords. Modifiers make your title more impressive and charming.
Add best, top, review to your title to rank it higher.
9. Use social sharing button:After penguin 2.0 updates, Google has added social media influence in seo factors. Google wants to know that which content is more reliable, which content is more shared and liked. Content which is more liked and shared on social media sites, will be given more importance.
Your social media presence is important for your content. Add social media sharing button in your website so that visitors can easily share and like your post. Take some time and hit like in the sliding social media bar. Tweet it or pin it.
Make your social media button prominent as it can enhance your liking and sharing rate.
10. Make at least 1000 word post:Serpiq.com has proved that making long posts can help you rank higher in search engines. Try to make your post at least 1000-1500 words. Google has added "detailed search result" option which adds long articles on a specific search in search results.
Making long content can give you an edge over other. Describe each and every point with full detail. Divide your post in this scheme can help you in making long content.
- Minor headings
11. Reduce bounce rate:Bounce rate is the factor which is used by search engines to check content credibility. When a visitor doesn't find his searched content then he suddenly press back button which indicates that content provided to the user is not relevant to the search query.
This directly indicates your page quality. The more the visitor will stay on your page, the more reliable your page will be.
Add internal links, videos and images to your content to keep your visitors on your page.
12. Use synonyms:Try to use synonyms to avoid keyword stuffing as you may be penalized by Google for increased keyword density. Synonyms can help you in many ways. It can help you to convey your idea more efficiently.
You can get these words by checking "Related search" in the end of Google search results. You can also find lsi keywords using Google Adword tools or any other keyword tools.
Bonus tips:Here are 4 bonus tips to make your on page seo stronger.
13. Improve your writing skill:Writing skills are not God gifted. You can also improve them by simply reading books and watching English movies. You are making errors continuously and filling your website with errors, it is not good for you.
Having errors and mistakes is directly going to lose people interest in your post. Always proof read your content, remove errors and spelling mistakes.
14. Provide fresh content:Always try to provide fresh and informative content to your reader ship. Just keep yourself at your reader place and think that this content is good for you or not. Providing fresh content builds your personality. People come back to you for latest techniques and tips.
Gather a lot of information. Read latest articles and books related to your topic. Visit top ranked blog on specified niche and subscribe to them. After reading and gathering information, you can make an informative post which people will love to read.
15. Use easy grammar:This is the most important point which i am following myself. Even you can notice in this post also that from start to end, my English is simple. I strongly believe that people come to you seeking help. you can help them by writing easy content.
No one has time to reach for a dictionary to find meanings of difficult words. If they do not understand what you want to say, they are going to hit the back button. If you are using difficult words then make them clear.